Back to Top
We need 10 volunteers
Founded in October of 2014, we are an organization for educational development, cultural exchange, and international cooperation based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
VCV specializes in helping Vietnamese students with their English language skills specifically pronunciation and conversational grammar. We have hosted for over 300 traveling English speaking volunteer since 2014.
We believe that education is fundamental to sustainable development, therefore our aim is to create an open and fair learning environment for all our participants to learn. At many universities in Vietnam, students learn a lot of English grammar but rarely are they taught to correctly speak and converse in English. Once they graduate, then, they have difficulties finding employment in the best paying jobs, because these jobs often require these English language skills.
We aim to provide our students has opportunity to improve their conversational English speaking skills and learn native pronunciation that will help them find a good job. Additionally, through VCV classes and activities we hope to improve our students overall well-being through increased confidence with the English language.
We need English speaking volunteers from all over the world, especially from countries such as America, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, etc... who could help us together in different programs.
We DO NOT REQUIRE a Teaching Certificate, but do prefer you to have some experience of teaching. However, if you have no experience but are passionate about helping our students, we're more than willing to help you get to grips with teaching.
To support our volunteers with their teaching and preparation we have a number resources available, including: class books, teacher's book (very detailed on how to teach lessons in the language centre), flashcards, media, CDs, game ideas and other ideas to make their classes more exciting. Along with discussing fun ideas with your fellow volunteers and us.
Upon completion, you will be provided a certificate and letter of recommendation.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ REQUIRE*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️: Because the children get familiar with the teachers, we prefer volunteers who can stay for 6 weeks at least. The volunteer will gain a huge and deeper teaching experiences if they want to become a qualified teacher in the future.
- This is an opportunity to GAIN GENUINE TEACHING EXPERIENCE IN A SCHOOL SETTING.
- These classes are more structured, so you'll be able to apply your existing experience in a new environment or gain lots of teaching experience in a welcoming atmosphere.
- A great introduction if you are looking to teach professionally in the future.
- Throughout your class, a Vietnamese will be on hand to help you explain lesson plans to the children.
- There are detailed teacher book guides for these classes for you to follow if you wish.
- The age of the students is 5-13 years old.
- You'll be teaching them: pronunciation, conversational English, new words and some grammar.
- The children are very nice, enthusiastic and eager to learn; they have some experiences with learning English previously.
5 Months ago
My name is Hay. I am very friendly, honest, caring and straightforward person. I am used to be work in NGO in Vietnam for 4 years. And now I am a founder of Vietnamese Community Volunteering, began studying English in high school in my Province. I moved to Hanoi for university where I continued my English studies. Even after 10 years of education in English studies, l did not feel confident in my English capabilities.
This lack of confidence, common among Vietnamese students, comes from a poor educational system lacking key points, such as conversational practice. Additionally, benefits such as the ability to have foreign exchange with native speakers are equally important for success within the community.
We are pleased to welcome volunteers who can SUPPORT US FROM ONE MONTH TO SEVERAL MONTHS or MORE.
• Very comfortable and very good accommodation.
• Free WIFI
• Free different, delicious food for breakfast, lunch and dinner per day.
• Free ACCOMMODATION when you stay at our home.
• Daytrips everyweek
• Free laundry
• Coffee, Lipton tea, green tea, cacao, cake, fruits, noodles, bread, pasta, ...are available for free.
• A nice apartment for all volunteers (9-11 volunteers) with a living room + kitchen room with a big eating table + 03 bedrooms with private bed and mattress + 02 bathrooms + 01 balcony with a good view.
• Washing machine + air-conditioning + hot water machine + sofa + smart television + fridge
• SAFETY AREA and EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN HERE
• Only 20-30 minutes by motorbike to the Old Quarter or walking to the bus station (5 minutes) to get to Old Quarter and around Hanoi.
• It’s also easy to go to My Dinh station (1.5kms from apartment) to catch the bus/car to travel Vietnam.
• There are lots of restaurant, coffee shop, supermarket, local market, taxi, hospital, clinic, PHARMACY,...
• It’s very close to the Mall, football field, park, banks with ATMs, Cinemas, Gyms, Yoga center, big GARDEN with Basketball, Bowling,.
• Close to the National Sports Stadium (My Dinh stadium) where there are many national and international sporting competitions.
• Nearby is Hanoi museum and National Convention Center - the biggest multifunctional building in Ha Noi. This convention and exhibition center is one of the most famous venues in Vietnam.
We will prepare 3 meals per day. Food for vegetarians/vegans are available.
As a bonus, we will support for the Vietnamese visa and pick up at the airport by taxi, if a volunteer commits from two to three full months