from 12.-24.9. we will be opening our forest garden gates for those of you who are interested in working with us, learning together, eating, laughing… and anything else you want to contribute such as playing music and games, telling jokes or stories…?
There will be activities such as weeding, watering, fertilizing, keeping competing wild shrubs down, harvesting, grafting, gathering wild herbs, mulching, scything and so on. So there is something for everyone – experienced gardeners as well as inexperienced, heart and soul gardeners, old acquaintances and new faces. There will also be plenty of room for exchange, discussion and hanging out together.
The accommodation will be in heated rooms near the forest garden in Verden. The food is vegan and comes from the forest garden, dumpstered or purchased – if you have intolerances or allergies please write that on the registration. If you want something special, you have to bring it yourself or buy it in between.
Please note the following:
- There is only a limited number of places, so if you register you are expected to attend. You can also participate for part of the time. If you are interested, please send us your phone number (there will be another phone call for specific organizational details). We charge a registration deposit.
- Your own bike or car would be an advantage to get from the accomodation to the forest garden (~6km).
- You must bring your own weatherproof work clothes.
- The Waldgarten is a profeminist shelter where boundaries must be respected. Everyone should be able to express their own identities and not be forced into any. Likewise there is no room for homophobia and racism. We are all responsible for making sure this is a safe place where diversity is embraced.
- Unfortunately, the forest garden is not easily accessible , but if you let us know about any special needs, we will send you details.