Back to Top
We need 10 volunteers
Who we are looking for:
Anybody is welcome to participate in our program, previous experience and qualifications are not required. What is most important to us is that you bring a positive attitude and the desire to help others. The people who work in our program are passionate, patient, and enthusiastic about the work they do, love children and animals. The following qualities are also helpful:
• Can speak English fluently.
• Is enthusiastic about teaching children.
• Can be creative in the classroom.
• To love animals.
• Loves traveling and adventures as much as we do.
• Can commit to volunteering for at least one month.
• Is open to experiencing a new culture.
Helpful But Not Essential:
• To speak some Spanish.
• Prior experience with teaching children helps.
All of our volunteers have the opportunity to live a rewarding, exciting and fun experience in our program. Daily life here is orientated to combine the volunteer experience (depending on which project each volunteer has chosen) with entertaining activities, prepared by the organization for the volunteers' free time. Volunteering with English students is done from Monday to Friday; from 8:30 am to 12 pm in the morning and in the afternoon from 3 pm to 6 pm.
The public schools classes are for children between 6 to 14 years old. Adult Program classes are from 7 pm to 9 pm three days per week.
The minimum work for each volunteer is 3 days per week between 3 or 4 hours per day, though these hours are scheduled flexibly. Each volunteer is provided with a weekly personal schedule with both the volunteering work and prepared group activities!
Why Do Volunteering with PerúVivential:
Volunteering with us will provide you a great and wonderful experience in your life, you will never forget the children from the school as well as the dogs from the shelter, this experience will give you a perspective of our world helping you along your life and provide an understanding as to why it is important to help and to collaborate in order to make the world better. In addition we offer many benefits that are included in your volunteering program:
• Spanish Classes.
• Salsa and Bachata Classes.
• Tours and Tourist activities around the City.
• Campings, Trekings, hikings and more.
• Surf Lessons.
• Trips and Visits to other cities in Peru.
• Certificate as an International Volunteer.
• Parties and entrances to the clubs in the cities.
• Many other activities the organization prepare for the volunteers.
Volunteer Roles/ Working Hours
Your role will consist of leading the English classes, where possible this will be done together with another volunteer. At present, the general level of English of our learners across all schools and settings is basic, and it is important that volunteers are prepared to be teaching students or learners who will more than likely be at a beginner level. Generally, volunteers will work with classes 3 times a week between 4 hours per day its flexible, and the length of lessons is usually around an hour, but can sometimes be shortened or extended depending on other activities of schools and settings.The class teacher will usually be there in the classroom with you but normally not participating. Depending on which class you teach the assistance you will receive from the teacher will vary.Specific tasks include a combination of the activities listed below:
• Giving English lessons to children (sometimes there is also a demand for Arts or Sports classes).
• Bringing new ideas to improve the HELP English project.
• Preparing lesson plans or even a syllabus or study programme for your subject, considering what's been done in the past and what can be improved now.
• Guaranteeing that all the materials used during each session are stored and put back into place afterwards. The school is open most of the year (from January to December). Volunteers can get there from Monday to Friday - in the morning (8:30 am until 11:30 am and 3 pm until 6 pm). However, it might vary according to the subject(s) you will be teaching. Do not forget you'll need some time for planning activities and staff meetings!
Open for offers, contact us
Most of our volunteers decide to stay in our volunteer house situated close to the historic center and only fifteen minutes from the beach by bus. The rooms are shared dorms with Wi-Fi, kitchen, bathroom, and hot water, in order to make your volunteering a great experience. The volunteer house is a friendly environment where you can enjoy the sun on our roof or relax in the main room. Plus, volunteer parties and meetings are lots of fun. Come and be part of our Family!
If you would like to stay in a quieter environment we have are able to offer you accommodation in a host family where you will share your time with a Peruvian family (with all of the same comforts as our volunteer house.) Please contact us for more information about the terms and conditions of this kind of lodging.
We have kitchen for volunteers