Back to Top
We need 1 volunteer
I´m an artist and dancer from Wales and I teach English. I have two daughters who are currently in university. We fell in love with the island when we moved here twelve years ago, and we love to share this with our visitors. We´ve love to have your help here, an artistic retreat centre in the heart of Nature. This is an eco house set in a bio banana finca, perched on the edge of a cliff overlooking the spectacular Barranco de las Angustias. It´s far from other houses and roads and light pollution and provides a spectacular and unrivalled view of the stars at night!
We need someone who knows about BIOCONSTRUCTION specially to build a compost toilet and a beautiful space for yoga/biodanza activities. We also would like someone to help in our English academy in the nearby town , in the afternoons.
As a volunteer we have lots you can do - so say what you´re interested in and write before hand so we can find your best fit! If you´re involved in a big project, we can discuss how time is managed - differently to how it would be if youre more part of the day to day running. We are relaxed and want you to have a lovely time here and feel part of a family! Days off are compulsory!
1. General help with the eco guesthouse : changing beds, cleaning, meeting guests,
2. Caring for the animals: we have 4 dogs, 5 cats, chickens coming out of our vegetarian ears, a guinea pig ,rabbit and a horse!
3. Computers and internet: general help in dealing with the evils of technology is always appreciated
4. Building: small building projects are always happening here! We need to make a compost toilet and do something with a broken swimming pool maybe a vertical garden and yoga space, and any expertise in building, or general gusto for giving it a go is always welcome. We aim for eco construction methods
5. Art projects: as an artist myself we often have art projects on the go, including right now the construction of a clay dragon sculpture. Come ard join in!
6. Teaching: I run an English academy for kids here on the island and if you´d like to teach as part of your volunteer experience help in the academy would be great.
7. Other: If you´d like to come as a volunteering meditation leader, yoga teacher, therapist, etcetera, please do!
You cook once a day for the Team (normally we are 3) included dinner. Please communicate with us if you don't like cooking. We appreciate to know before coming as a volunteer.