Back to Top
We need 1 volunteer
The home is very comfortable but the back yard needs some help. There are 6 main areas that help is needed. Your welcome to pick one area or more.
1) Animal Bird keeper - cleaning and maintaining the animal cages. This only required about 5 hours per week. For those not on short stays I am happy to teach people how to tame a bird and help with rearing/taming of them. Its a lovely experience.
2) I have a in ground swimming pool that is covered with a decking. I need the decking removed and rocks moved. Basic handy person skills is required for this job.
3) I have a large chicken coupe that I would like converted into an aviary. Light Sheet metal work is required with this job.
4) The front yard needs gardening and landscaping work.
5) Spring cleaning the shed, house and or gutters.
6) Help taming birds. This is not for the faint hearted.....Its not dangerous but it does intimate some people. The birds are not small.
1 Months ago
Hello I am Melanie, im 39 and single. I live with my niece and a friend in my own home. I study and work with animals from home. I tame Australian native birds and sell them. I also breed exotic parrots, rear them and sell them.
I am friendly and love to welcome people in my home.
I would be open to the idea of taking people
around to various tourist places.
Open for offers, contact us
ABOUT THE HOUSE
I have a nice clean room with a double bed, wardrobe, key for your door and celling fan.
The house is newly renovated with two shared bathrooms, evaporative cooling, gas heating, internet, fetch TV and a luxury spa bath.
The house is a friendly place that is welcoming.
The home is less than a 5 minute walk to great public transport and local shops. Public transport is 100 meters from the home.
ABOUT WHERE I LIVE - ADELAIDE
Adelaide is a city that offers the physical and emotional space to breathe. It is the capital city of the State South Australia.
With a population of slightly more than one million, Adelaide is called the “20 minute city” (more like an hour now). The Adelaide Hills and major beaches are less than half an hour away by car.
Adelaide is a city that lives well beyond its conveniently designed square mile epicentre, flowing seamlessly into world-famous wine and food regions such as Barossa, just an hour's drive north, or coastal escapes in the Fleurieu or Yorke Peninsula. You’ll be spoilt for choice.
Kangaroo Island is the jewel in our tourism crown. It has pristine beaches, unique wildlife, awesome sunsets and a “drop” of wine. Don’t miss this iconic destination, just two hours’ drive and a short ferry ride south of Adelaide.
Join the café culture lifestyle. Adelaide has a diverse cultural mix that guarantees the food is sensational.
Your welcome to eat meals with us or make your own. There is plenty of food and great cooking facilities. I enjoy cooking and would be more than happy to cook for you. I am happy to negotiate less hours of work for you preparing/buying your own food.