Back to Top
We need 11 volunteers
VILLANGO is a French, German, Spanish and Italian learning and mentoring program organized and lead in an immersion form of “language villages” enabling language and cultural exchange between native speakers and Polish participants. All you have to do is come here, relax and converse with our Polish participants in your native language in order to help them to improve their language skills. It's a great way to learn about Poland by meeting its people, and a good chance to make some new friends from around the world.
We are seeking conversation in French, German, Spanish or Italian language with Polish participants. Volunteers will take part in one-on-one conversations and creative group activities.
No teaching experience necessary. What is most important is that you are open-minded, that you enjoy talking with other people and that you express interest in what others have to say. What we would like to see, is you showing interest in teaching your language from a wide variety of interesting educational aspects, and helping other who would like to learn this language. It is an informal and relaxed learning environment, perfect if you like meeting new people, learning about their lives, and sharing your own stories and adventures.
DATES OF OUR 2018 EVENTS
French-speaking language villages: 14 - 18 May, 21 - 25 May, 18 - 23 June, 2 - 7 July, 9 - 14 July, 3 - 8 September, 15 - 20 October, 19 - 24 November
Spanish-speaking language villages: 16 - 21 July, 10 - 15 September, 15 - 20 October, 19 - 24 November
German-speaking language villages: 30 - 4 August, 6 - 11 August, 10 - 15 September, 15 - 20 October, 19 - 24 November
Italian-speaking language villages: 27 - 1 September, 3 - 8 September, 15 - 20 October, 19 - 24 November
In the framework of VILLANGO program (6 days – from Monday to Saturday) we will offer:
- Free accommodation for six action-packed days in a charming hotel in the countryside of Poland
- Full board during a 6 – day program includes four meals a day at the hotel restaurant (excellent traditional Polish cuisine)
- Free transport from Łódź to the venue (on Monday morning) and from the hotel to Łódź (Saturday afternoon)
- A tour around Łódź (a city rich in history, in the heart of Poland) or in the hotel's surroundings
- A great opportunity to meet, connect and learn from successful professionals from Poland
- Invaluable teaching experience (we will give you references)
- A week full of memories, new friends, and an introduction to a new culture
- Different interesting cultural and sports activities.
VILLANGO program takes place at a charming hotel in the Polish countryside, named “Młyńczysko” (Old Mill), located in the very heart of Poland, between Łódź and Warsaw.
The hotel is surrounded by beautiful forests and many historic sights which we will visit and explore during the course. There are ponds and an old watermill. The venue offers many attractions such as fishing, biking, nordic walking, outdoor gym equipments, campfires and a local bar. All of the above will be available through the 6 day course.
Each room has a private bathroom. The rooms are usually twin rooms and you will share one with another participant.
The hotel’s standard is very good. It’s biggest draw is the unbelievable setting and the area it is situated in (not far from Łodź and from Warsaw).
It is important that helpers speak French, German, Spanish or Italian as their native or mother tongue. We do not accept people speaking the above languages as a foreign language.
In order for you to feel comfortable and confident while participating in our program, we suggest you do some of the following things:
- talk via Skype to one of our coordinators who will try to answer any questions you might have and dispel any doubts
- join discussions on FB with an assigned group of people volunteering in the program, to exchange ideas and get any support you might need
- receive handouts that will be used during the course (for example the suggested subjects for discussion) via email, so that you can think about your tasks in advance.
Our coordinators speak your language and English and they will be there during the six days of the program to support and help you when needed.
As a participant, at the end of the program you will get feedback from the coordinator. Also the other volunteers and Polish participants will offer you their opinions.
The program of “language villages” will let you enhance your cultural knowledge, but it will also be an opportunity for you to get some experience as a teacher and to test your teaching methods. You will be able to explore new dimensions of a teaching job by leading interesting conversations, improvising, role-playing and by mentoring the learners. Due to this job, you will explore your creative potential.
1 Weeks ago
We have one year experience in HOVOS community and we hope that you will trust us and of course we will do our best so that your participation in the program is an unforgettable adventure and an amazing inter-cultural and linguistic experience.
VILLANGO expresses our admiration for foreign languages, an interest in other people and their cultures, professionalism emerging from our experience and an enormous passion linked with our activities aiming at bringing together people from all over the world
Open for offers, contact us
Yu will share your room with another volunteer or with a local participant.
We offer four meals per day: breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea/coffee+snack and dinner.